UrbanPlan Volunteer Training
Would you like to use your professional skills to help young people learn about the development process and the trade-offs and challenges of rebuilding a community?
Then UrbanPlan is a great volunteer opportunity for you!
Join ULI Houston for a day of training to become an UrbanPlan Mentor.
What is UrbanPlan?
UrbanPlan is a realistic, engaging exercise in which participants—high school students, university students, or public officials—learn about the fundamental forces that affect real estate development in our communities. Participants experience the challenging issues, private and public sector roles, complex trade-offs, and fundamental economics in play when proposing realistic land use solutions to vexing growth challenges.
Please email Misty Loocke with questions or for more information.
FAQ for Volunteers
- Why do I have to be trained?
- Volunteers are trained on what the program entails, what the students will be learning and guidance on how to facilitate your meetings with students. Schools trust ULI to provide expert facilitators in their class!
- How often do I have to be trained?
- Once! Unless you are interested in a refresher course, you only need to attend one day of training
- How long is training?
- One full day that takes place at a local office. Lunch is provided.
- What if I cannot attend the full day?
- We recommend you choose a training day you can attend fully due to the content of the course. Based on teams, training works best when the entire team is there for the full day.
Register by March 23!