Local Product Councils
In addition to local meetings, ULI Houston Product Councils meet once a year with their counterparts from around the State at the annual ULI All-Texas Council Forum.
The goal of these local Houston Councils is to provide a forum for education, networking, and candid sharing of best practices in the following real estate areas:
- Urban Development and Mixed Use
- Housing & Community Development
VALUE TO HOUSTON COUNCIL MEMBERS:
(Houston Councils are available to ULI Members at the Associate or higher level only)
Participation as a Council Member will provide opportunities:
- to connect peers who can exchange “state-of-the-art” information in parallel disciplines
- to provide education from the deep resources of ULI locally, nationally and globally
- to foster collaboration that maximizes impact on development challenges and opportunities
Council Members will be drawn from the full range of disciplines involved in the product type. A maximum of sixteen (16) Council members will be selected to participate with balanced representation from the following:
- Development Firms, including Real Estate Investment Trusts or Corporations,
- Financial Institutions involved in lending, investment, or institutional sales,
- Professional Service Firms, including planning, architecture, real estate economics, public finance, land use law, and real estate brokerage,
- Government/Academic Institutions, including State, County, City or other public sector or non-profit entities (e.g., academic), and
- Construction Firms
The local Council meets 2 – 3 times a year in addition to the annual statewide meeting, at the discretion of the council co-chairs. Councils contribute content ideas for meetings to be presented to the full membership at a regular ULI luncheon event.
Because membership in the councils is limited and there are more applicants than available seats, we ask all council members if invited to join a council to make every reasonable effort to attend all council meetings.