Project Address: 3809 Main Street, Houston, TX, 77002
Construction Status: Completed
About: Recenter is a new five-story 50,573 SF mixed-use building with a dining room, meeting room, lounge, offices, and 62 individual residential units. Formerly known as The Men’s Center, recenter provides non-medical detox, drug rehabilitation, and housing services to predominately homeless men recovering from alcoholism and drug addiction. This allows their clients to return to society as contributing members. Outdoor amenities include terraces, porches, and a vegetated roof where the residents can grow some of their own vegetables. Learn more at: https://www.dpr.com/projects/recenter
Fun Fact: Construction consisted of a two-story steel podium, and three floors of a prefabricated light-gauge steel wall system. This innovative method, not previously used in the area, helped to reduce costs and shorten the construction schedule by three months.
- Owner: Recenter Houston
- Developer: The Mathis Group, Inc.
- Contractor: DPR Construction
- Architect: Brave Architecture
- Structural Engineer: Matrix Structural Engineers
- MEP Engineer: E&C Engineers, Inc.
- Civil Engineer: Dally & Associates
- CMT: Gorrondona Engineering Services