Building partnerships to improve health and well-being outcomes.
Full Public Report
Organizations attending the resource fair and the services they are providing:
- City Council District B BeSuccessful – bringing a job fair for on-the-spot hiring with at least 10 employers
- Habitat for Humanity – housing and homeownership
- Civic Heart Community Services – HIV/STI/Monkey Pox testing
- METRO – Metro Lift services access, Summer Pass for kids
- Lone Star Legal Aid – Will and estate planning, help getting IDs
- Air Alliance Houston
- City of Houston Mayor’s Office of Disabilities – services and sidewalk installation program
- East Houston Civic Club and Harold Dutton’s Office – voter registration services
- Settegast Heights Redevelopment Corporation – home repair information
- Harris Health – eligibility services and health information
- True Connect and Excess Telecom – free phones and tablets and internet access for qualifying individuals
- Communities in Schools of Houston
- Together We Can – Healthy habits
- POZ Impact – affordable vehicle repair
- Houston Texans
- Impacting Houston – training programs for at-risk youth, after-school activities, etc.
- Houston Police Department – identity theft prevention
- African American Health Coalition
- Harris County Public Health – Setting up dental appointments and health screenings
- Black Swan Yoga – leading yoga classes and teaching about meditation
- MERAS Global Medical Research – healthy homes
Actions for Health Equity in Settegast
Engagement Summary & Project Update
This report summarizes the project goals, purpose, and key themes from our engagement activities.
The purpose of this project is to look at how historical and current racial discrimination in urban planning and development are impacting health and well-being outcomes in Settegast today. The project will work with the community to co-create an action agenda with strategies and tools to address community needs.
Facilitate the development of a community-driven action agenda with tangible steps the real estate and development community, Settegast residents, local organizations, and local government agencies can take to repair historical injustices, invest without displacing residents, and improve health and well-being.