The heart of ULI Houston comes from our quality programs, high-caliber networking opportunities, and initiatives to give back to our communities.
To do this, ULI Houston relies on our members. By having leaders and thinkers from across all sectors of the real estate industry take their membership participate and lead our various committees, we ensure our district council is producing content and opportunities that members expect from Urban Land Institute.
When you or your employee volunteer time to a committee, you create connections with passionate and innovative contemporaries, and put your company name at the forefront of our 850+ members. Whatever your passion, interest or ability, ULI Houston has a place for you!
- Capital Markets – Promotes real estate investment issues and the understanding of real estate capital markets.
- Communications – Elevates ULI Houston’s external visibility and fosters greater member engagement through a variety of platforms and channels including websites, blogs, social media, video, and email.
- Development of Distinction Awards – Focused on putting on the annual awards event, and work leading up to event including soliciting nominations and organizing the judges tours.
- Housing – Promotes best practices and policies used to create and sustain a full spectrum of housing opportunities.
- Innovation Day – Plans our signature event focused on Innovation in Real Estate. Includes finding companies for expo and event day logistics.
- Membership – Focuses on the recruitment, on-boarding, engagement, and retention of ULI Houston members.
- Partnership – Focuses on strategic relationships and partnerships to help grow the ULI Houston network and sustain our program of work. Partnership Committee members play a pivotal role in connecting resources to the ULI Houston mission, while maintaining connections with our annual partners.
- Programs – Drives the development of ULI Houston’s high-quality, timely educational programs. These programs are designed specifically for our members to exchange ideas, information, and experience with local and national industry leaders dedicated to creating better places.
- Public Policy – Acts as a liaison with, and provide education to, public officials and other organizations on policy challenges relevant to the real estate industry.
- Technical Advisory Panels- Organizes and provides objective multidisciplinary advice to public sector and community-based organizations. Many of the prior and potential clients have limited staffing and financial resources and operate in economically disadvantaged areas
- Urban Resilience and Sustainability – Promotes best practices and policies used to create healthy, resilient and sustainable communities. It includes the Building Healthy Places Initiative, the Greenprint Center for Building Performance and the Curtis Infrastructure initiative.
- UrbanPlan –Expands and facilitates ULI’s engaging workshop program that teaches the fundamental forces of real estate development to high school, university, community and public sector groups.
- Young Leaders – Plans and executes programs and events geared toward members under 35-years in age.
- Young Leaders’ Building Industry Leaders – Organizes and facilitates the cooperative program between ULI Houston and the Boys & Girls Clubs Greater Houston (BGC) to educate and mentor BGC high school students about the diverse career opportunities in commercial real estate.
- Women’s Leadership Initiative – Organizes events and programs that promote women leaders in real estate.
About our selection process
The leadership of each committee reviews all expressions of interest and may contact one or more candidates for additional information based on need, profession and other factors. The leadership of each committee will select new committee members in consultation with district council staff and other member leaders as needed. Membership to a committee can happen throughout the year if existing members step down or a committee is expanded for any reason.
Join a CommitteeInterested? Let us know!
Review Our List of Volunteer Opportunities
ULI Houston has many types of volunteer opportunities. From Committee appointments to one-time volunteer positions, we have opportunities to cover all levels of expertise and all amounts of free time available. ULI Navigator houses all of ULI’s opportunities for volunteering. Choose our local council, or check national volunteer opportunities.